Baby’s only -> kendamil goat->byheart back to baby’s only thinking about bubs supreme?

khankorp

TLDR:Our original concern with our first formula was severe constipation and yes constipation folks. Anyways we switched and had severe gas and reflux he never had before problems. Looking for something that won’t give us gas reflux or constipation.

We started my baby originally on baby’s only lacto relief and he done well with some episodes of constipation, around the month mark we switched to kendamil goat for cleaner ingredients easier availability. He was colic within two days. Now he is nearly 4 months. We continued to have constipation issues in baby’s only. So I switched him to by heart. Although it seems our constipation issues have not resolved and I hate how thick sticky by heart is, so thinking he was older and gut more mature we switched back to kendamil goat. Two days and I have a severely unhappy gassy refluxing colic like baby.

For the time being we will likely switch back to baby’s only, however we then return to constipation issues.

What formulas have you used with success for you baby that was experiencing gas/constipation?

I feel like our next step is bubs supreme or bubs goat? But I’m scared of the goat because of how poorly he done on kendamil goat!

I’ve ordered biogaia drops waiting for arrival.

@khankorp How long are you testing out each formula? You mention seeing some negative side effects after just a couple of days, but it can take up to a week or so go adjust to a new formula. We had a baby with not quite constipation, but very infrequent stools, and By Heart totally solved those issues. She wasn't a huge fan of the taste, so now we've found that mixing a 2:1 ratio of By Heart and Similac 360 is the perfect balance. She has never been very spitty, but that has become even more infrequent with the By Heart as well. It definitely helped with gas pains also.

@khankorp We use Bubs Supreme and our baby has occasional constipation. This was not an issue when he was breastfeeding. It has worked wonders for his spit up so I don’t want to rock the boat.

Apparently gentlease is great for constipation. Formula fairy says some families just do one bottle a day of that to keep kiddo regular.

@khankorp So sorry you're going thru this! Have you tried a comfort formula? When we had issues with gas we used HiPP Comfort. Kendamil and Aptamil both make one also. We tend to use European formulas because it's worked best for our baby, but plenty of other amazing formulas out there and around here. American side of things i believe Reguline would help with constipation?? We tried Goat formula too and it always caused extra issues with our LO. What about Maybe even a gentle formula? Bobbie, gerber sooth or maybe gentlease? So many choices out there and some specialty formulas to help with certain issues.

@khankorp Bubs supreme was great for our boy. We’re on Costco formula now that he’s 5.5m but we used bubs from I want to say 3-4m? It was easy to digest, smelled decent lol and he loved it.

How old is baby? You can also add mylicon drops for gas relief

@messerve We haven’t had an issue with gas pains or colic before except when we tried kendamil when he was a month old, he’s four months now which is why we tried again but the same issue. The mylicon helped zero and even if it did it’s a bandaid. We would prefer to find a formula that fixes the constipation issue without causing gas issues. We can work with constipation.

@khankorp We didn't have any gas issues with bubs supreme. And just to clarify, because I didn't realize this, but when you say constipation you mean your baby is have hard formed stool right? not that they just go infrequently

Back