Appetite

sammy_watkins

Currently 10 weeks pregnant with baby no: 3 and like the other 2 my morning sickness is like a constant nausea than me actually throwing up but this time my appetite has decreased a lot. I'm eating half of what I would usually do (though my Intake now is probably more of a normal range and I am eating better because I have aversions to lots of food) I started this pregnancy at 226 (5'8) and now I'm about 220 (maybe a bit less as I was weighed with clothes and shoes on) no one has said anything but if I physically can't eat more and it wouldn't hurt me to lose some weight I would assume this is ok as long as I don't lose much more?

@sammy_watkins It is perfectly ok to lose some weight especially in the first trimester. You body has enough stored to sustain you and the baby. As long as you are not going on any crazy restrictive diets it is fine to keep your weight in check and gain throughout the whole pregnancy no more than 10-15lb. My first trimester was a nightmare and until 18 weeks I could hardly keep anything down (sometimes it was 1 apple/day). I lost quite some weight in that time and my midwife was not concerned at all.

@sammy_watkins I lost just under 20 lbs during the first trimester. I checked with my midwife, and she said it's fine.
I'm in my 2nd trimester now and my appetite is coming back a little bit, so I'm definitely starting to gain it back.

@sammy_watkins I lost 25lbs to morning sickness before stabilizing. My doc said basically as long as it’s less than 10% of my body weight and I’m still holding down water and prenatals than I’m all good. I didn’t FEEL all good, but I’m assuming she meant the baby will be fine.

I did insist on some anti nausea pills after the first couple weeks of morning sickness just so I could manage at least one meal a day but it was brutal until about 14/15 weeks. I’m now 19 weeks and my appetite still isn’t back, but at least the nausea is just at morning and night now.

@francisco36842 I'm lucky that with all my pregnancies I've never been been sick I just have constant nausea. This time though I've also just got very little appetite and eating small meals makes me feel stuffed! Where normally I have a really big appetite

Back