Any experience with cyclogest?

annodynamic

My ob/gyn has prescribed me cyclogest and I’m not sure whether to take it as my progesterone levels are actually pretty good (I think!).

I am 32 and have a history of infertility and miscarriage, most recently with a ruptured ectopic and subsequent salpingectomy at Christmas 2023.

I am in the very very early days of a pregnancy (5w) and bled for 2/3 days at around 3.5w (heavier than spotting). I have also previously had low progesterone in the luteal phase of my cycles and typically have a short luteal phase.

My progesterone has been going up steadily, as has my HCG. My progesterone was around 40-45 nmol/L (aka 14 ng/ml) on the days I bled (6/7 Feb) and is now up to 102 nmol/L (aka 32 ng/ml) as of 15 Feb, at 4w5d. My beta HCG was 530 on 15 Feb and has been just over doubling every 48 hours.

I’m not sure whether to start the cyclogest progesterone supplement as my progesterone seems quite good. That said, I’m desperately worried about another miscarriage and did have bleeding in early pregnancy again this time, albeit it has stopped now.

I’m not expecting medical advice, and I have asked my gynae who has basically said it’s up to me, but has anyone else been in this situation?

I know it’s super early days and could all still go wrong again, but just trying to give myself the best odds.

@annodynamic And what are the reasons not to? I always had good progesterone but started cyclogest right away. In my country it’s either that or utrogestan from a positive test to 10-12 weeks. It cannot hurt. And I have a 4 cm CL cyst that feeds extra progesterone as that’s it’s purpose in early pregnancy.

@annodynamic I would always choose to have it, and it doesn’t come with any risk. I was even thinking asking for it when trying to get pregnant even sooner nevertheless the good progesterone because even if it’s good on 21-23rd cycle day or whenever it’s measured, it can be that it’s dropping to fast or something like that for whatever reason. I am glad my insight helps a bit :)