Any advice for a single mom w. 13 y/o ....trying to make new friends w. Kids posssibly?

skillz1

Hey Parents & family ....im 30f & I have a 13 yr old son.....Its always been just us 2 and thats fine of course ...HOWEVER some times I need some adult time with a little judgement free condo....We live in California & most ppl out here are users and just not genuine ppl.However I don't want to believe all ppl are this bad they can't be..RIGHT.?..Any advice on how to find/make some NEW friends w. Or without kids ...THAT ARE GOOD GENUINE PPL...IM OPEN TO IDEAS NOT ANTI SOCIAL ...JUST HAVE A VERY HONEST ATTITUDE WHICH SOMETIMES PPL INTERPRET AS RUDE...ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME

@skillz1 I’m a full time single dad and this works for me, but not sure how the results would be as a woman.

I’ll make a tinder profile looking for single moms with kids my sons age for play dates and friendship. Occasionally it doesn’t work out, but I have made a couple very good friends with kids this way (just have to ensure you don’t try to hook up with them lol)

@skillz1 I don’t have any suggestions as I don’t have any friends myself. I’m new to Reddit don’t know if I’ll even keep it. But I like your honesty. Maybe we can be friends

@skillz1 When my son was growing up, I made friends by participating in school events. It was a great way to meet other people who had kids the same age as my son. Church was another great place to make friends who shared my faith and values,

@2jesusfreak1 I'm SUPERR LATE...PARENTS HAVE BEEN SICK & IM OLDEST.THIS IS A GREAT IDEA I WILL HAVE 2 FIND A CHURCH. PTA PARENTS IVE MET ARE TOO JUDGY(HAD MY SON @17)...I JUS WANNA MEET NON FLAKEY GOOD TRUSTWORTHY PPL