Am I overdoing it? 3.5m pp

grace2beme

My goal is weight loss but at this point my body is just holding on to the weight. So I’m just trying to get back into shape… whatever that looks like for my mom bod.

I’m 20 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight.

I’m currently running upwards of 30km a week (3 runs a week), 2 strollercise classes (strength and cardio), and 2 yoga classes (1 hot yoga flow class on my own and one with baby).

I’m 3.5 months postpartum and I feel great. I did 5-5-5 postpartum recovery. I followed my PF Physio’s program for core and pf work and return to running. .but when other moms hear my routine they say I’m overdoing it and could result in prolapse/injury.

@grace2beme The personal limits of overdoing it are very subjective per person. For me, that would have been too much too soon. As long as YOU feel good, aren’t hurting, and don’t feel like you’ve overdone it at the end of the day, you’re okay. Pay close attention to how you feel, take care of yourself and listen to your body, and you’ll be great.

@grace2beme I couldn't have been doing that at 3.5 months: I'm super active but really wasn't ready to workout much until 3 months. Maybe lack of sleep. If you feel ok I guess you're good, but it sounds like A LOT to me. But, you know your body.

@grace2beme When did you start running again, and did you have a c section? I have my 6 week follow-up this week, and I'm dying to get back to running although I know I'm not quite there yet

Back