Almost 3 y/o girl & 5 y/o boy Christmas present ideas?

alaina

Last Summer, I separated from my ex-husband. I moved out last December, and our divorce was finalized this past Summer. I wasn’t able to get my kids much last Christmas because I was in the process of starting out all over again as a single parent (finding an apartment to live in, getting a car, etc).
Fast forward to this Christmas, I’m barely treading water but want to give my kids a wonderful Christmas. What gifts would you recommend? I have a few ideas of what would be most meaningful to them, but I want to cover all my bases here and don’t want to forget anything. TIA!

@alaina My daughter loved Scribble Scrubbies at that age. They have kits anywhere from $10-$30. Most of which are on sale right now through Target. She also loves dress up so tutus, headbands, hair clips, etc.

Picasso tiles are great for either age. Same with coloring supplies, stickers, scratch off art. I also love velvet art sheets. Super easy for kids to color and stay in the lines! Dollar Tree has some and Michael’s even has big poster sized ones.

Lego has small kits for 4+. They have single sets of like a car and figure that are pretty easy to put together and they’re maybe $9. Can’t go wrong with a good regulation sized soccer/foot/basketball for a 5yo boy. Five Below has them.

Also, depending on your comfort level with sensory stuff—kids absolutely love sticky stuff. Slime, stretchy sticky toys, playdoh, model magic, kinetic sand. You can get any of those for between $5-$10.

And I have to add props to you for getting on your own two feet! That’s not easy and I commend you!

@alaina What about motorized trains like Thomas?

A bike with training wheels or no training wheels, depending on stability.

Barbies? A wooden doll house with doll pegs?

Legos?

Slime?

Kinetic sand with a sand box?

@katrina2017 Trains are a great idea (I think I need a train table, any recommendations?) It’s too cold here in VT for a bike, will do that in Spring. Barbies definitely and I’ve been thinking of a dollhouse for my daughter a cute wooden one. Lego set for my son again I think I’d also need a Lego table (tiny apartment not much room). Play dough, legos & slime great stocking stuffer ideas!

@alaina You could consider getting them a yoto. They are on sale right now and you can get just a few blank cards and put audio books from the library on them without having to spend any more. Our toddler loves his yoto mini and listens to books and music on it all the time and we’ve asked family members to record themselves reading books for him as well. It’s easily the best thing we’ve gotten him this year.