accident

hmg

im not on any bc and me n my bf were having sex w a condom. but it fell off inside and im pretty sure he finished inside of me. im taking a plan b rn but im so worried and only 7 days away from my period.

@hmg When did this happen? Do you have regular cycles? Plan b reduces your odds greatly if taken promptly - it's good to read up on common side effects, such as it can cause irregular bleeding (sooner or later, often lighter)

@hmg If you have regular cycles and you're expecting your period in 7 days it is likely you ovulated sometime in the last week, well before the incident and do not have any significant risk of pregnancy. But, without tracking cycles it's impossible to know. You can take a pregnancy test in 2-3 weeks, which I would recommend if you do not see any bleeding.

@hmg Not ineffective, just maybe unnecessary. After you ovulate, the egg that is released can only really be fertilized in the following 12-14 hours (although sperm can stick around for up to 5 days). But, without knowing when you ovulated or were going to ovulate, it is a very reasonable precaution to take Plan B when you have a condom mishap like the one you did. I only mention ovulation because your risk of pregnancy was probably quite low (less than 1%?) before taking plan B.

Hope that helps.

@hmg If your cycle is regular this month ovulation probably happened already. Plan b would be pretty ineffective then, but also ovulation would already be over. Also plan b taken that quickly is usually effective so it was good of you to do so. There is the small chance of your ovulation being at the exact time of sex or no more then like 24 hours before this month and that it moved a bit. Plan b wouldn’t help you anymore in that case. But the chances are small for that. Also: Condoms shouldn’t just fall off, check your sizing as a little tip on the side.

Back