[Academic Research] Pregnancy Experiences and Social Media Use (Approved by Moderator)

anastasiya1417

Hello! I'd be grateful if you could take the time to complete this survey on "Pregnancy Experiences and Social Media Use," aiming to explore how and why pregnant women, or trying to be pregnant women or new mothers, rely on dedicated social networking sites for information retrieval. I have already received consent from the moderator of this group and have approved posting it here.

Survey Link: https://tudelft.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3lYBbZh597NiEOa

This is a part of my master's thesis at the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands. With your assistance, this project has the potential to favorably contribute to the practice of pregnancy care (the survey takes less than 10 minutes to complete). The survey is completely anonymous because it simply requests general demographic information. The data will be kept safe in compliance with GDPR and other requirements set by the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands.

Thank you for your time and consideration! It would be great if you could share it with relevant participants as well.

For any further inquiries, please refer to

K. Gopalakrishnan,

MSc in Management of Technology,

The Delft University of Technology,

[K.Gopalakrishnan@tudelft.nl](mailto:K.Gopalakrishnan@tudelft.nl)

@anastasiya1417 This might be the wrong sub to post this in considering it asks how you view your pregnancy in the past 7 days. R/babybumps might be more fitting.

@xic Hello, thank you very much for your comment. There are different categories within the same survey, and I will be using those elements for analysis. So, pregnant women, trying to be pregnant women or new mothers, are all my valuable participants. Once again, thank you for your comment!

@anastasiya1417 Then you’ve written the study questions poorly and they should be altered to direct participants to leave the questions that aren’t relevant unanswered or something like that. The instructions should say something about it to give participants warning, rather than taking 2 pages of questions that are relevant then finding a page that has nothing to do with them and being confused.

@xic Once again, thank you for your comment. So, the questionnaire is a scale that was developed by a research institute to test "GAD 7" measurements. I cannot alter those questions as it would decrease the validity of the results. Now, I will come to the point of omitting questions. Since it is a scale, I cannot include the feature of filtration for specific participants. Many questions within that scale are still relevant for all the participants. Sorry if it has caused inconvenience!

@anastasiya1417 I think there may be a bit of a language barrier at work here. In the heading where you say you want to find out about how we felt about our pregnancy over the past 7 days, it would be prudent to say “skip over these questions if you are no longer pregnant” or something like that.

Back