A.L.I.C.E. Drills

diegos23

ALICE drills got my 6 year old son afraid. Talked with him about it. Tried to set his mind at ease. Sucks that stuff like that has to be trained, but also glad this generation is smart and prepares schools as best as they can.

@diegos23 I would just reassure your son that so long as he listens and follows directions that he's going to be okay. These drills are done to keep him safe. I don't know if your school has a resource officer or not. If you do maybe you can talk with them with your son. That might help reassure him that he will be okay or maybe talk with him with a police officer about the training. That way you get some father-son bonding and reassurance.

@katrina2017 My son is extremely sensitive. We've been emailed detailed videos by the cheif of police, the superintendent and the principal of the videos they show and train the kids by. The meshes is relayed effectively but not brash. I expected this reaction from him. He'll be fine, he's braver than he thinks.

@diegos23 I literally have no idea what an ALICE drill is but from this thread I can guess the context.

Honestly, if I was having to teach my son stuff like this, I’d seriously consider moving to a country where I can live in ignorance of it.

Back