9 days late, still popping negative

pfumc

I’m 9 days late on my period, I’ve never been this late might I add. I took a clear blue test two days late and it was negative, then after 5 days late took a dollar tree test: negative. 7 days, still negative. Now 9 days, took another test.. negative!! I’m so annoyed. Has anyone gone through this? Could there be a possibility I’m still pregnant? I’m not under any stress, no major changes in my life/weight/ diet… My fiancé and I are not trying but not preventing, and at this point I’m getting excited that I’m pregnant, but scared to get my hopes up.

@rjl I technically last had unprotected sex yesterday, and he came inside me yesterday because we assume my period is coming within a day or two due to the negative tests. My fiancé and I never use protection, just the pull out method for the most part unless I’m on my period or just about to start.

@pfumc A test is accurate two weeks after sex and definitive after three. If you’re regularly having unprotected sex, you can still test positive. Without proper tracking, there is no way to know when your period will come so there is always a risk.

@pfumc Your period is late because you ovulated late, or you haven’t ovulated yet. You aren’t pregnant right now, but it’s still possible you could end up pregnant this cycle from sex you had more recently, if you ovulated in the few days after you had sex. If you are having regular unprotected sex, you’ll want to keep taking 1-2 tests a week until you get your period or a positive test. Tracking ovulation moving forward will help so you know when you ovulate and don’t waste money on tests before you need to test.

@pfumc Negative tests and no period means you ovulated later than you thought. It's still possible to be pregnant if you've been having regular sex.

Pregnancy tests are mostly accurate 14 days after sex and definitive after 21 days.