7 weeks 1 day

thundergirl96

Hi everyone. I have booked a private scan ( in the UK) for when I’ll be 7 weeks and 1 day, next Friday. I’m just wondering if a heartbeat is visable at this time and what can actually be seen? I’ve booked it due to huge anxiety and worry that something is wrong. The only symptom I have is sore breasts but I know this could be due to how early I am. Did anyone else feel worried at this stage and seen something at 7 weeks ? I need that little reassurance.

@thundergirl96 My doctor had me wait until 8 weeks for my first scan to confirm heartbeat as sometimes it's not visible at 6 weeks and can leave you feeling unsteady. I know people who have seen heartbeat at 6 weeks however.

@thundergirl96 Hi! I had my first vaginal ultrasound at 7 weeks exactly. I thought I was 8+5 when I went, because we found out about the pregnancy so early into it and I based the calculations off of my last period. When we got there, the ultrasound tech informed me I was only 7 weeks+0. We could not hear a heart beat because the baby was too small. However, we did get to see both the heartbeat and the little baby blob! They were able to tell us the heart rate was 142 and assured me this was perfectly healthy. I was honestly fully convinced that they would tell me nothing was in there at all because my only symptoms were sore breasts and acid reflux.

@thundergirl96 Had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks and a few days & they did see the “baby” lol looked very similar to a small dot. I saw the heartbeat on the machine but they did not let me hear it for whatever reason. 💕 you will be fine!

@thundergirl96 I'm also in the UK and had an early scan booked privately at 7w 5d or so. It definitely picked up the heartbeat! I didn't get to hear it at this stage though, but was able to see it on the screen. It just looks like a flickering light, very cute!

Good luck with your scan!

@thundergirl96 It depends, but if they do a transvaginal ultrasound there’s a good chance you will see a heartbeat. I saw mine at 6 weeks on transvaginal, but not on abdominal, and they did them back to back! If you do see it, they will likely not let you hear it - it’s not really considered safe anymore to hear the heartbeat that early through an ultrasound.

@thundergirl96 I went for my first scan at 6 weeks + 1 day and it was very visible! I saw the little flickering on the screen.

Some women can be completely different though! But for me it was clear at that stage

@thundergirl96 I had my first ultrasound at exactly 7 weeks and a heartbeat was clearly detectable. Funnily enough my only early symptom was sore breasts as well.

It’s not a guarantee and I was very anxious that a heartbeat wouldn’t be visible, but it was the appointment I was offered by my doctor.

@thundergirl96 I saw heartbeat at 6w5d, but try not to panic too much if you don't, it's still early.

I say this, knowing that I would have panicked.

I wish you all the joy and peace in the world.

Back