4mm NT at 12W. Feel like I can’t breathe

purewords1611

We received our 12W ultrasound yesterday, to screen for NT. before handing in the bloodwork paperwork I saw the markers- it was 55CTR with 4MM of fluid, we should have been 12W3D but we measured at 12W1D. I saw when googling this puts us in the 99th percentile. I don’t know how long we have to wait for the bloodwork but at this point I don’t know what to do. I’m anxious and devastated, I can’t get out of bed and I keep thinking the worse. Does anyone have any experience with this? Even if my bloodwork is okay, does that still put my baby at risk? Should I request a rescan? I already had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in December so I’ve been on edge this entire pregnancy.

@purewords1611 I’m going for mine (NT scan) tomorrow but got my NIPT results 2 days ago. I’m new at this, so I don’t know which is a more accurate screening tool but I’m sending you love and prayers.

ETA did you get your bloodwork done yet? I did mine at 11 weeks.

@purewords1611 Full disclosure, I’m sure my situation isn’t very common. My daughter’s NT was 3.29, we did all the NIPT testing and everything came back perfect. We were sent to a fetal cardiologist as a precaution and found out my daughter had a severe heart defect and was actually also missing her sternum bone. Genetically though, she has absolutely nothing wrong. My daughter’s first year of life was hard. She spent the first 7 months in a world renowned children’s hospital and had two of her 3 planned heart surgeries. She’s absolutely thriving now. While I was gutted when we found out she would be born with health issues, my life is absolutely incredible with her in it. Shes the smartest, funniest, most loving tiny human. She’s my best friend and I wouldn’t trade her for anything. Even if there is something wrong, it doesn’t mean the end of the world

@purewords1611 So while 4mm is considered 99%, I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean you're that high for chromosomal problems.

A quick Google found this:
"The rate of aneuploidy is directly proportional to the value of nuchal translucency 9:

In Canada we don’t do NIPT unless of complications, it’s around 700$ so I did my scan and then I have bloodwork but it’s not accurate like NIPT… because my ultrasound is abnormal I think my NIPT will be the next step and likely be covered