4 month old only eats 2-2.5 oz at a time

@comicbookcollege My baby is 16 lbs at 5 month and drinks 5-7oz. If she’s just 10 lbs I would expect it to be less. What happens when she stops? Is she distracted? Around then we had to sometimes feed in the dark and sometimes even swaddled bc she was so distracted.

@mary0608196 She will whip her head away from the bottle and wants nothing to do with trying anymore after she takes her 2/2.5 oz I constantly try but it’s basically impossible to feed a baby when they don’t want anymore

@comicbookcollege My daughter was the same way, she had acid reflux and was put on medication. Then she started 4oz every 3 hours and honestly that’s pretty much where she has stayed, she’s 10 months old now. Gaining weight perfectly in the 70th percentile for weight and height. Our pediatrician said that some babies just top out at 4oz.

@comicbookcollege My 4mo has always been a smaller eater. The dr was never concerned because he’s growing well but it was frustrating for us to feed him little amounts more frequently. Is the Dr happy with your baby’s weight or concerned about it?

Have you tried taking breaks? We still struggle with eating small amounts and found breaks are the answer for us. I’ll feed him until he starts squirming, turning away, playing with it, etc. I’ll burp him and then just hang out for a few minutes. Then we start again. And we just keep burping and taking short breaks. Ultimately he will finish 4-5.5oz, it just takes him a little while.
If I don’t persist, he will stop at anywhere from 1-3 oz and then get hungry and upset a little while later.

@comicbookcollege Have you looked into feeding Therapy? They have speech language pathologists and occupational therapists that are trained in bottle feeding. They can evaluate, make sure you're using the right bottle and nipple, and evaluate the amount. Ask your doctor for a referral.

@comicbookcollege Very similar here! My son isn’t getting close to 24oz in a day 😩😩 he eats every 3 hrs during the day but only once MOTN so only 6 times total during a 24hr period. And I can only get him
To eat 2-4oz at a time so we are more like at 18oz. Sooo stressful. He’s still on his curve currently so I’m trying not to panic.