3u4: must haves & minivans??

@hanspeter We will be 3u3 this summer and are also looking at minivans! We are between the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna, but I think I’m leaning toward the Sienna since they have AWD and hybrid models.

@bulatcitly Make sure the sienna has anchors in the back row. When we were deciding between the Odyssey and others, the Odyssey won because the 8th seat is more functional and all six back seats can have a car seat with latch and anchors.

@fossu I agree that the single worst thing about the Siena is the missing tether anchor in the back seat! Why, Toyota??? I only have three in car seats so we make it work but it’s definitely annoying

@blazewater The transmission in ours is a bit “rough” on the gear shifts. And it’s also really hard to slowly accelerate in 1st gear. It’s like you either crawl from zero, or you’re gunning the RPM way up through 2nd and 3rd gear.

@hanspeter We have 3 under 2 and have an VW Atlas. We like it a lot - I was adamant on not getting a minivan but SUVs like the Suburban were not in our budget. The trunk space is great - fits our double stroller well. The only catch is if we have another baby (which we want to in a couple years), I’m not sure how we would configure the car seats (we keep two seats folded down to get two kids in the third row. If we add another car seat, we could fold the seats down anymore.).

@daniel1986 I came to say exactly this. 3 kids under 5 and the Atlas is perfect. We chose the Execline trim so that we could have middle row captains chairs. Makes it easy for the third kid to walk through to the back row. And it's not a minivan!

Back