3 months perfers facing front

cosmia

I only put my baby in the carrier for naps. 90% of the time she fusses and fights until she falls asleep. Often I will move her arm out, so she can push off my chest. And I will hold her head to my chest. I sing her to sleep. Within 2-3 minutes she’s out.

I feel bad for making her upset, inorder to put her to sleep.

@cosmia Some babies don't get the concept of "sleep helps if you're tired" and they'll fight it. If she's out within 2-3 minutes then it's not a problem. There'll be many situations where your child will be upset but you know better (sleep, taking medicine, brushing teeth, getting strapped into the car seat,...). The goal of raising a child is not to avoid making them cry but to comfort them when they get upset and validate their feelings. And that's what you're doing.

My child hated the carrier at that age, too. She was content in her pram though but I needed to walk all the time or else she couldn't stay asleep.

@pashapotte Same, I’m stuck walking around a lot. I only realized how much I was walking when my feet would be hurting at the end of the day….on repeat.

@cosmia For us, it changed when ours was around a year. Then she only needed to be pushed around for starting to nap and afterwards she could nap in a standing pram. 😅 She's 8 years old now and I miss these days because I was in really good shape. But I don't miss them because I like not having a kid that needs naps. But honestly, I don't remember the feeling of walking her and trying to get her to nap. So it'll pass even though it's super hard right now.

Back