15 year old struggling

@pieinthesky717 This is a good idea! Taekwondo helped me when I was in high school. And also, other kids found out I was in takewondo and going to tournaments, judging tournemanets, participated in the junior Olympics and got a bronze out of 32 other kids in my rank and age. Those kids became scared of making me angry, which is silly bc I couldn't have hurt a fly in real life.

And I gained loads of confidence and self esteem. Like rocket fuel. I was all alone at school, but I walked around like I owned the place. Suddenly, I cared about my fashion and my hair and my make up and I no longer cared about what the other kids thought.

Epic for the confidence and game changer:

I was in 8th grade, 14. The mean girl who always had to sit by me and have locker by me bc of our last names. One day, she said something snide behind me in class, like always. The other kids heard, as always. And I turned in my desk and said to her, "Jamie, it's really cool that you spend your time thinking about me. But I don't think about you for more than absolutely necessary. You are literally a waste of my breath right now." And the whole flipping class all went, "oooohhhhhhhhh!!!"

She NEVER picked on me ever again.

This is what I drilled into my, now 17 year old, when she was that fun age of teen drama. Still bullied or picked on, but it didn't affect her the same.

@pieinthesky717 Thank you for responding. She does play club sports and that’s where she’s happiest. It’s the long school day and now school dances are happening. No one will include her in plans. Just trying to take it day by day and stay positive.