X-mas Gift Ideas for Expecting Wife

ohitsyouagain

Hi all!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Wifey and I just reached week 13th(on Friday the 13th no less) with our little rainbow and currently looking up ideas for nice and meaningful gifts for her last non-Mommy X-mas. I found this one which I put on the list, but would love to get input from the rest of the tribe

@tschief Just depends. My wife thought it was the best thing in the world. You’re right though, everyone’s different. Here’s the cool part - if she doesn’t love it, you likely will. Anytime she traveled for work and didn’t take it, my ass slept with that thing. It was SOOOO comfortable.

@teresad788 Gotta second the Snoogle. I got my wife one for Mother’s Day when we were expecting our first and it helped her sleep so much better. Now we’re expecting our second and she’s back to using it and loving it.

@donohue2210 The second we found out we were pregnant again (just graduated a month ago), she said YOU CAN GET MY SNOOGLE OUT OF THE ATTIC! I swear she just wanted to get pregnant for that pillow 😂😂😂

@ohitsyouagain As first time parents, my husband and I decided to not get each other baby related gifts for birthdays/Christmas. So we could get "family" gifts for our home or just personal gifts like normal since after the baby a lot of gifts will be focused just on the baby - which we are totally fine with of course, we just wanted it this way. I looked up a lot of practical things that are helpful for first time dad's and just things I know he will enjoy. I ended up getting him a new robe (for getting up in the middle of the night when baby is here), a hydro flask, a "papa bear" t-shirt, tile key tracker thing, and a jacket. Idk what he got me yet obviously, but the only thing I've requested are some nice open back slippers.

@ohitsyouagain This is my first time to comment here! I’m 22 weeks pregnant with my second. I agree with the gift ideas 7720-12 suggested. My husband actually got me a pregnancy pillow when we were expecting our first and I love it.
A gift certificate for a pedicure would also be nice. Gets harder to reach your toes as you go along and everyone see your feet when you deliver.
I do think maternity yoga pants would be a good idea though. I’d love it if my hubby got me some bc I just want to be comfortable when I’m pregnant. I personally was looking at these after reading the reviews:

Liu & Qu Maternity Women's Casual Pants Stretchy Comfortable Lounge Pants https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JML5PPV ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AZq9DbRXD7WXJ

Foucome Under Belly Maternity Pants for Women,Comfy Stretch Pull-on Work Out Leggings with Pockets Medium,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PY3JQ1R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_T1q9DbDR32W3H

A friend that just had her second also recommended Blanqi maternity tights.

You can’t go wrong with anything that makes her feel pampered though. Oh, my husband also got me ‘What to Expect the First Year’ with our first and I’m reading ‘What to Expect When You’re Expecting’ this time around. Some good information if she likes to read.
Sorry so long a comment! Congratulations to you both!

@ohitsyouagain I’m in the same boat, our first one is due July 2nd so we’re about as far along as you are. I ordered the frame you linked, thanks. Would love to hear some more ideas!

@ohitsyouagain Picture frame with the US is adorable.

Some other ideas:

-self massager. You can find this for cheaper I’m sure: Shiatsu Back Neck and Shoulder Massager with Heat - Electric Massage Pillow with 3D Deep Tissue Kneading for Foot, Legs, Body Muscle Pain Relief - Home, Office & Car Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DPKG8MT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GIs9Db3B3F2EH

-I did love my pregnancy pillow, so that’s a good idea also.

-my husband got me a picture of the graph of the baby’s heart beat, which was sweet. It has the date of the day we heard it and a sweet little message. He sent them a file of the sound of the heart beat. Not sure what site he used but I’m sure you can google it.

-wusic - this little device can pick up your baby’s heart beat at home. My bro let me borrow his, so my husband and I used it at least once a week and whenever I wanted to! We hooked it up to our little Bluetooth speakers (which have an aux port) and recorded it with our phones. I took videos of my husband looking for the heartbeat and finding it. Ugh it was such a nice bonding thing. You can also record your own heartbeat and play it for the baby when you have it, so it can listen to a familiar sound. I didn’t see my particular one on amazon (wusic) but there’s a website and they’re on Instagram. Thats something I loved while I was pregnant!

-Disney+? Now I’m just naming things that I do all day while taking care of my new baby.

Good luck!!

Edit: words.

@ohitsyouagain My husband got my supplies (that he knows I'll love using) to create the decor in baby's room he's knows I've always wanted 😍

It was meaningful cause it shows how well he knows me and how much I'll enjoy it, obvs not cycling a paintbrush at a spouse who hates painting!

The main question is whether she's intensely excited for "motherhood", feels it's going to be the majority of her identity etc. If not, get her non baby stuff, if yes, get her mothery stuff.

Depending upon where you live and what she's into, kit/pass/plan for romantic fun things for the next few months. My partner and I have had to make major adjustments to the way we spend time together, and if we weren't careful and intentional about it, it'd have me feeling a bit bummed.
  • Beach: picnic mat, beach towel, and (exchange-able) maternity togs.
  • Parks and walks: a comfy backpack picnic set ready with delicious fancy treats.
  • Arty: art evening passes for you both (+ non-alcohol wine if it's a paint and sip kind of place).
  • She likes baths: some nice magnesium salts (not sodium chloride, it's not the same), and a tray that goes over the bath for snacks/drink/book (or, if you bath together, some candles and a waterproof speaker for romantic relaxing in the bath).
  • Yummy drink kit: Like someone else said, a kit for all you need for fancy mocktails! A mint plant, some fancy mixers like grapefruit infusion, etc. Find out how she feels about trace alcohol cause I'd be very happy with a tbsp of 20% ABV every now and then, but that's personal.
It depends on her (and, a bit, you).

@ohitsyouagain I thought of one more thing! A good lotion is wonderful bc skin can get really itchy later on in pregnancy.
I love this one: Jergens Wet Skin Body Moisturizer with Refreshing Coconut Oil, 10 Fl Oz (Pack of 1) (Packaging May Vary) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WB8843Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_89q9DbV8MA5S8
Really helped me with the itchiness and dry skin in second trimester. Just coconut oil is great too and could help prevent stretch marks.

@ohitsyouagain FTM, third trimester here: get her a good prenatal massage. I’ve had two and I’m telling you it is the best freaking thing ever. This makes it about her and her time to relax, not just about the pregnancy and the new baby. As awesome as the whole experience is, it’s important that she remembers to make and take time for herself that isn’t just all about the new baby :)

Back