Wrap help

@peteranastasio Since your hand covers baby's bottom and legs it's impossible to see what's going on here. But as long as the fabric is supporting baby from knee to knee and baby's knees are higher than the bottom you are good to go.

@peteranastasio It is too difficult to tell where babies knees are here. As mentioned, rule of thumb is knees above bottom. Another way to visualize this is as an "M" where the bum is the middle of the "M" and knees are the top bumps on the sides. It doesn't have to be a super deep middle bump but you should be able to see the height difference. If you achieve this, the legs are far enough apart.

The usual advice with this positioning has to do with concerns on proper hip placement and in particular hip dysplasia. The "M" is a more natural placement. If baby has healthy hips, this is less a concern. There are some baby carriers on the market, such as the original baby Bjorn, which do not allow for this ergodynamic position, but are still technically okay - just maybe not optimum.

@rnin Thank you! I thought we had an M here - i know about this best practice and am watching out for it as i practice, but my friend saw this pic on Instagram and said that baby’s feet are too close together and it scared me

@peteranastasio It's knees, not feet you check for the M position. Babies are free to move their feet where they want.

Unless your baby has hip problems already messing up the M position is not a safety issue.