Where’s your diaper station/cart located when you have a 2 floor home?

hmlarson001

Currently, we live in a 2 bedroom apartment and have an ikea cart holding all our diapers. We’ll be moving into a townhome. Living room, kitchen, dining room ground floor and 2 bedrooms upstairs. Do you setup a diaper station on both floors? Do you go upstairs to babies nursery every time for a diaper change? Do you get a cart for both floors?

@hmlarson001 Honestly I set something up like this initially and never used it. We live in a 2 story town home and I always change her in our guest bathroom upstairs. If I was REALLY In a pinch downstairs, I have my diaper bag which always has 3-4 cloth diapers, a changing pad, and wipes inside.

@hmlarson001 We have a proper changing pad upstairs, but it gets used rarely (only at night). Since I use disposables at night, I only stock one or two cloth diapers upstairs for morning use, and all the dirties are kept downstairs.

Our changing station downstairs uses the pack&play changing attachment, and is better stocked than upstairs.

Once kiddo outgrows the p&p changer, I'm guessing we will only have the changing station upstairs, or start changing him on the floor.

@hmlarson001 Three floors in our home (we have a finished basement) our bedrooms are upstairs, we spend most of the baby time on the ground floor. We have two changing stations with shelving and a collapsible tabletop at each. It was super helpful during the newborn stage when I was recovering from a csection. We put the one in on the ground floor when my best friend had a baby.

I exclusively use the one upstairs now. It’s a minor pain to keep both stocked with all the things.

@hmlarson001 Depends on age of baby. When our son was small and we were changing him more often, including during the night, we had our actual changing table downstairs and converted a desktop to a mini station upstairs. Now that he's older and doesn't need changing during the night, we just have the changing table downstairs. When baby number 2 gets here we'll set up an upstairs station again.

@hmlarson001 2 story home - but our bedroom is in the basement & nursery is on the main floor. We have a changing station in the nursery and one in our bedroom, and use ubbi pails in both. The staircase is narrow and steep so having to walk between floors with a wet squalling baby is not what we want to do! We will probably keep the changing station in our bedroom until she is 1, even though she’ll move up to her nursery long before that!

@hmlarson001 Even in a one-story home, I plan on having two changing stations to start. One in our bedroom primarily for night time changes while she's in a bassinet and the main changing table in her bedroom for day time use and storing dirties.