What a night time solution for a heavy wetter actually looks like

markymatt

I thought I'd share what my night solution looks like, because nights are often not as simple as sticking another layer in a pocket diaper, though we all wish it was that easy. Instead, night solutions are often bulky and piecemeal. I hope this helps people get an idea of what night diapers can look like (though everyone should just do what works for their baby!)

This is what works currently for my 7 month old who is about 20lbs and quite tall, and he's a ridiculously heavy wetter.

Here is what I do:

From closest to baby to outer layer:

Applecheeks stay dry booster

La petite ourse bamboo insert

Motherease one size cotton fitted

AMP hemp booster

Motherease air flow cover

Here is how it looks on:

Front
Back
In a sleeper (size 12-18m to have enough room)
This set up lasts 12-13 hours as long as I make sure everything is tucked in well. He is comfortable in it and moves around easily (he kept rolling away as I was taking these pictures). He's not fussy about being wet so the dampness of the fitted doesn't bother him.

This was all trial and error. My first kid was fine in Grovia ONEs for night through to potty training but this guy out peed them before he was 6 months old.

@markymatt Thanks for sharing. I’m thinking of ordering the mother ease one size fitted for my 6 month old for overnight. Right now I just have petite ourse pocket diapers. I got their overnight liners which I’ve been using and they’re ok but I think I need a more robust solution. Wondering if the pocket diaper would work as a cover with the mother ease fitted? If not, was debating between the petite ourse diaper covers vs the mother ease covers (if you happen to have an opinion on that!) Thanks :)

@debisue45 Oops, hit submit before I was done!

The challenge is the one-size part. With the front folded down, you need a lot of roominess in the front, which a lot of covers don't have due to the closure being there. The air flows are just a different shape that makes it work. And then they're tall enough for when you unfold the top. It's a good system but very specific.

@markymatt I ended up getting the motherease sandys fitteds with air flow covers! They didn’t have the one size in stock. Used this setup last night with a petite ourse bamboo insert. No leaks and they seem comfy! But I wish I had got stay dry inserts (so just ordered some thirsties because I’ve heard they’re good). Thanks again for your post :D

@markymatt Thanks for your reply. This is helpful! Perhaps I will give the mother ease combo a shot then! I was starting to debate if I should go back to disposable for overnight but I feel like it would kind of defeat the purpose of doing cloth!