Visiting the in-laws

zander88

This past week I visited my in-laws. Before I go deeper into the story, I love dogs. I have 2 myself, but they are dogs.
I was getting a much needed break and went to take a nap upstairs while my in-laws played with my son, J. I was just about to doze off when I heard a dog fight break out, my brother in law had brought his dogs over and their dogs and BIL dog got into a bad fight. That’s fine, not my dogs, BUT I stormed downstairs and my MIL is trying to separate this dog fight WITH J IN HER ARMS. I snatched him so quick & walked away to calm down and just be glad something worse didn’t happen. After I calmed down & came back BIL wanted to hold him, so I let him before he left. This was about 15 minutes after the dog flight, he tried to make my son ride the dog like a horse!!! I yelled “get my son the fk off that dog!” And then took him back.
They got upset with me for telling them if they can’t train their dogs or stop treating them like they’re equal to my human son, then I can no longer leave him in their care.
This is where I might’ve been kind of a b
ch. I told them if something happened to my son while in there care(MIL watches him while I work) I will not hesitate to make sure the dogs are an issue anymore and that I will no longer trust them to cAre for J any longer. My husband agrees, but I just feel guilty for threatening to let them never see J again.

@zander88 You set a boundary and let them know the consequences for crossing that boundary. When it comes to baby safety/life, sorry but I would have done the same thing.

Back