Tips tricks to safely bedshare

Hi all I started bed sharing with my LO at 4.5mo and he’ll be 6mo next week. My husband is a sound sleeper and super loud snorer so we kicked him to the couch with a kiss and a pillow lol. So just my son and I sleep in a king size bed and I have my son on a firm bassinet mattress and it’s working great; I also use my L shape pregnancy pillow and shape it into a U at his feet, this I use between my legs and to keep from him rolling into me,, no part of the pillow is near his face. I keep a twin blanket on my side only and use a Muslim blanket on my shoulders whenever he wakes to nurse.

I wanted to ask how does everyone else bed share safely? Any tips for me?

@eleventhhourworker6 You should look up the safe sleep 7. That’s what I follow. My son is on my same mattress because it’s firm, I use a pillow under my head and between my legs for my hips. He rolls away from me now, but when he was little he would be right up next to me all night.

@eleventhhourworker6 I sleep in a nursing long sleeve shirt (the kind with a flap right near the boob) so I can pull out just the boob to nurse in the middle of the night. This means I don’t have to fiddle with blankets or anything and I stay nice and warm. I also set up bed rails even though we’re on a mat on the floor since i don’t want him rolling himself onto the hardwood.

@eleventhhourworker6 King size bed, LO on the side to keep him away from my husband. Mattress on the floor, floor is carpeted. In the baby days I had a fleece blanket I kept on the lower half of my body, and nursed/slept in a button up shirt. We kept the room temp a little warmer than normal too (I live in a hot climate so this wasn’t energy inefficient most of the time). I used C curl position, but I like the idea of your pregnancy pillow.

@eleventhhourworker6 I used tight-fitting long sleeve cotton shirts with the chest cut out during most of the year. Now that it’s summer and a little warmer, I sleep in nursing tanks with the front unclipped and rolled down under the boobs and I have baby leg warmers on my arms. My chest is always uncovered. I sleep on a waterproof crib liner to keep the sheets from getting all milky. I don’t remember the brand I like, but they are thick and don’t buckle too much, but are still single layer.

@eleventhhourworker6 You can also try button up cardigans or long sleeve sleep shirts.
It’s me, husband and LO on our king size. LO sleeps breast level with me. He switches between the middle and outside position. We use 1-2 light blankets and they’re not allowed past our hips. We each have our own pillow. LO just started rolling so I haven’t navigated what to do next. Maybe a pool noodle under the sheet as a bumper?