Thirsties Sale at Green Mountain Diapers

@vanessastudentresearcher For those that use thirsties wraps, Hook and loop or buttons??

I plan to put some on my target registry and use the 15% coupon there. But I'm not 100% committed to using them yet.. I have a whole stash of pockets but might consider starting earlier than 2-3 months when baby will fit into the pockets.

I have some prefolds but have never used them.

@rishley We did size 1 in velcro (we were given one size1 with snaps) and size 2 in snaps. I agree with another poster that the velcro ones feel bigger. Babe is 16mo and over 20# and we are just now phasing out size 1, but been using size 2 since 10/11mo. She is not a chunky kid though. And the size 1s only fit when we use the medium (yellow edge)prefolds.

Tl;dr we have both and prefer velcro (easier to get on, can get bigger or smaller than snaps, faster to put on), but we use snaps now because she definitely loves to rip the velcro off now (since probably 9mo) if she doesn't have pants on.

@rishley We used both. For some reason the hook and loop seemed to be slightly bigger. We were able to use the size ones longer while we had to go up to size two snaps.

@rishley I very strongly dislike the hook and loop. we sold them after just a few months of use. something about the stitching... when they get full, like during naps, pee wicks through the front. Plus, by around 7 months, he could undo the velcro.

snaps all the way!

@rishley Get an assortment of diapers to try out and then look for more of your favorite.

At first, I preferred velcro (easier to adjust right and quicker to do) but my husband preferred snaps. In larger sizes (like Duo Wrap 2) it is not contest - you need snaps, because baby can pull off the hook and loop way before they can pull off snaps.

@sarahdosher Well I have a stash of pockets from my first kid that I plan to use again. But considering adding some covers to use with prefolds as I have a bunch of those. I liked the pockets with snaps but just wondering what everyone's experience is bc I feel like the hook and loop is a love/hate thing!

I actually have a couple of homemade H&L newborn covers but I don't think it's enough so I wanted to buy a couple, but wasn't sure about H&L or snaps. Baby isn't due until December so it'll be awhile before I can try them.

@rishley I use snaps but only because the rough part of the HL would irritate baby’s belly when her hips are angled, like when she kicks up or rolls on all fours. Otherwise, HL has way more pluses in terms of fit and ease IMO.

@rishley I like snaps. Once your baby is old enough to pull off Velcro, it's great to just have snaps. I use snap blockers for daycare to keep them on the correct setting.

Thirsties wet bags are awesome. I'm picking up two more in this sale. They don't leak or hold smells like other wet bags.

@neo4257 I would love to try a new wet bag to see if it contains the smell better like you mentioned!

The website says not to wash them in the hit or whites cycle. That’s how I wash my diapers, so are you supposed to wash the bag separately? Doesn’t seem very convenient if that is the case.

@rishley Plus, I’m finding that I can get a wrap smaller than with the buttons using the H&L AND larger because I’m not needing to snap two snaps. I can fasten the Velcro further apart. My kiddo is in size 1 still in H&L, comfortably with room to grow, no matter what I stick under it. If I stick a prefold under the snaps the. She’s at the absolute last snap, getting ready to bust out.
My H&L wrap covers a OS fitted (barely, but it counts!) and the snap has never been able to cover it.

@katrina2017 Sure! She’s 13lbs 12oz and 24” long now. Round around the belly and HUGE thighs. Most of her weight is in the thighs it seems like.

I’m trifolding. If I snappied then the covers would probably have a little longer life but it’s so much hassle when she wants to scoot out of the diaper and roll away.

@rishley I love my hook and loop. It’s very large, sticky, and easy to size. If yours ever looses stickiness Thirsties will send replacement Velcro out to you to replace it for free!

Back