[Survey] Folic Acid Supplementation

elwood1229

We are fourth-year students from the University of the Philippines College of Nursing, and we are looking for at least 144 more participants for our online survey. Our undergraduate research looks into the factors related to the adherence to folic acid supplementation. Folic acid is especially helpful for those in the reproductive age (e.g., extremely beneficial for the health of a growing baby in the womb as well as for the mother's well-being). Our findings will contribute to the improvement of women’s well-being, and maternal and child health in the Philippines.

Individuals may voluntarily participate in the online survey if they are:

-- A Filipino living in the Philippines

-- An 18-49 year old female

-- Prescribed to take folic acid supplement daily at least one month ago

-- Safari, Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox users

On the other hand, individuals may not participate if they are:

-- Someone with severe/critical physical or psychological conditions

-- Admitted in acute care facilities

-- Not willing to participate in the study

-- Someone with no internet access

Please click either of the links below to access our online survey questionnaire.

You may also visit us on facebook.com/IsulongAngFAS. Thank you!

@elwood1229 So do you only want Filipinos to answer the survey? I also wasn’t aware that folic acid could be prescribed, I just buy it. I think your target group is quite narrow and unlikely to be completed on reddit, sorry

@jennyvt Yes, as we are only doing local research at the moment. It is possible to get it OTC, but we specified having a prescription because it is necessary in studying adherence. Additionally, we have other ways in recruiting participants, and we are using Reddit as an additional platform for dissemination.

@elwood1229 So you can only join if you were prescribed to take it? It's in my daily vitamin since women are supposed to take it after a certain age but my doctor didn't write a script for it.

@phillipmodow Yes, and if the person fits our other inclusion criteria and does not fall under our exclusion criteria. It is good that you are taking it, but with regards to our comment above, being prescribed to take it is necessary in our research.