So overwhelmed with options! Please help

selda

I have been browsing this forum for a bit, and am even more overwhelmed now! 😅 There seem to be soooo many choices available that I am not sure where to start or where to look. Is there a list somewhere that lists the brands, how they carry, recommendations, etc?

I am currently 4m pregnant with #2, and am researching things instead of making a last minute decision. I didn't baby wear much with #1, but see myself doing it more this time. I had a wrap last time (Moby?) that I tried a few times and just never felt comfortable in how I did it so I gave up. Plus, I didn't want to put the wrap on outside and without a mirror. So I would like a more structured carrier this time. I expect to be the main one to use it, and I usually wear a L/XL tops.

I have read on here that many people really prefer the body facing only carriers (vs also having an option of front face) for babies. I'm okay with getting a more forward facing one later if the other is better sooner. This will be a warm weather baby, so nothing very thick. Any recommendations off these preferences please? TIA!!!

@selda I’m not aware of any list, but after trying a couple carriers my personal preference is Happy Baby. Most are made of linen so they’re fairly cool, and I find them much more intuitive to put on and adjust than other carriers. We’ve had several caregivers and nannies figure out how to use our Happy Baby carrier without any instructions. I personally like the original the best, but the Revolution is very similar (just a bit bulkier) and allows forward facing. You can get good condition used ones on the Happy Baby BST Facebook page.

@kira23 I've been looking at them and they are def on my list. Lol, I'm not so much a fan of their website as I can't seem to find good pictures of how it actually fits, gets put on, how it looks from the back, etc. Just pics of the fabric mainly..

I'm judging from your name that you are either from WI, or live in WI... 😉 Me too.

@selda The website isn’t great. I’d recommend checking out the Facebook group for real life photos and videos since that will probably give you a better idea of what they actually look like.

I am from Wisconsin!

@selda I don’t with the original or revolution, as long as I have her in tightly enough. She’s very light for her age though (18 lbs, 14 months). I do find that my back gets sore with the onbuhimo, though.

Back