Silent reflux, reduced intake and BM, clicking sound when bottle feeding

sadie716

My LO (14 weeks now) has been having silent reflux problems since he was about 10 weeks or so. He started struggling with his bottles, crying and pushing it away. Total intake fell to about half his usual per day. He was originally thriving on Enfamil Gentlease but since then we’ve changed formulas a couple of times and just 2 weeks ago transitioned to Similac Total Comfort H.A. Also started on omeprazole for 2 weeks per PD’s advice. LO’s total intake seemed to improve, and he stopped omeprazole. However, just 2 days back, he started exhibiting the same behaviour - drinking reduced volumes, seemingly grumpy and not hungry. I’m so lost as to whether it’s his reflux coming back or whether it’s due to formula incompatibility?

Previously on Enfamil Gentlelease, baby pooped daily like clockwork. Now he goes everyday 3-4 days, or even 5. Should I be worried?

One weird thing is also that he has started producing clicking sounds when drinking from his bottles these past couple of days. This likely means LO is ingesting more air? He does seem more gassy too. Not sure what’s causing the clicking.

Any help / comments appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Back