Should we have our first « ours » baby?

accepted3

My GF (30F) and I (33F) are a blended family. I have 2 boys (5M, 5M) and she has 2 kids (5M and 4F). We have been together for almost 4 years, the kids were really young when we got together, her 4F was 8 weeks old and my 4M was 9 months old. We basically have raised our kids together. When we first got together, it was clear that I wanted another child. My ex carried both our sons and it has always been a dream for me to carry children, so I feel like something is missing in my life. I love my boys, that doesn’t mean anything about my feelings about them, they are my pride and joy, they are my life. My GF has always answered the question of another baby with « may be someday ». Well, someday seems like it might never happen now.

My friend just visited with her 3 kids yesterday and my uterus skiped a beat when I saw her 6 months old baby and it brought back so many good memories. I had very difficult babies (difficult sleepers, reflux and multi-allergies, my oldest has congenital malformations and still has consequences of this). I know having another baby would be difficult, we are at a point where all the kids have a great autonomy, but I feel like I will never feel complete without carrying a child, so I don’t know what to do.

There is also the fact that, before having my second, I had tests taken and discovered that if I ever what to get pregnant, it will be with in-vitro, there is no other way and where I live, in Quebec, Canada, in-vitro will become free for a cycle sometime in the fall, so my hopes are up, but my GF still answers « maybe someday.. »

@katrina2017 Yeah, I think that the positive of having another child would be so much more than the negative… I just really wish my GF will change her mind before it’s too late for me!