Short Cervix and flying 3 hours

reidbr14

I was told that I had shortened the cervix and needed to take progesterone. My first ultrasound showed 2.6 cm. But it has been reduced to 1.4 as of the last ultrasound. I had been placed on bed rest until the end of my pregnancy. I have an important event that I was supposed to fly to this weekend. The flight is a total of 3 hours long. I am traveling for an q hour the first flight, then a layover, and 2 hours the second.

Will it be worth it, or should I cancel the flight?

Edit: Thank you, everyone, for your advice. I have decided not to go. The event was a work trip that was planned prior to me finding out that I was pregnant. I was nervous about the impact it will have on my career development since I recently just graduated from college and started this job 3 months ago. I don't want to put my baby at risk, so I will be talking to my manager today.

@reidbr14 “I have been placed on bed rest until the end of my pregnancy.”

I don’t think the doctor would have you do something so drastic like bed rest for the remainder of your pregnancy unless it was serious.

@reidbr14 How would you feel if you delivered in another state and were stuck there with your critically ill neonate for months and months?

Cancel your flight. It’s not worth it

1.4cm is incredibly short. Pull out a ruler and look. Most cervix are over 3.5cm for comparison. There is a reason you are on bed rest. How many weeks are you?

*edited (wrong unit of measurement used).

@reidbr14 The flight isn’t worth it. I had my cerclage put in a week ago and was nervous to fly 50 minutes, because the worst that could happen is going into premature labor in the air.

Hopefully a cerclage is an option for you to help you!

Back