Question

blakebaka

I went to the ER for shortness of breath and since I am pregnant they did an ultrasound (I’m not sure why?) they also did bloodwork. My hCG is now showing around 5.5-6 ish weeks, but they saw nothing on the ultrasound. Not even a sac yet. Could this mean it is just very early in a twin pregnancy so hCG levels are risen but they haven’t even fully developed yet?
  • I had a miscarriage 4.5 weeks ago and my hCG was confirmed to have dropped to 0 before getting pregnant again.
I am sorry for all of the questions. I have had 5 miscarriages and so I am very worried and concerned with everything. Just looking for thoughts or trying to see if anyone else has had this and what it meant.

@blakebaka First, I’m sorry for your loss(losses). Make an appt with your OBGYN in a few weeks to redo blood work and ultrasound. You had a miscarriage 4.5 weeks ago yet your hCG is showing that you’re around 5.5-6 weeks. It’s confusing to me. Best of luck. Also I wouldn’t go by hCG to determine twins. An ultrasound would confirm twins or multiples.

Back