Product Idea

kd_1p48

I am working for a small startup with limited market research resources.

I was curious if the idea of an automatic, battery powered baby wipes dispenser that can be reloaded at the changing table would be of interest to this group? Unit would be around $40 and hold about 50 wipes per cartridge.

I.e. press button get wipe, no longer pulling extras. Can be mailed the refillable cartridge.

View Poll

@kd_1p48 What problem is this actually solving? If more than one wipe comes out that I don't need I just tuck it back in the top loose and close the packet. This sounds like more of a PITA than the normal wipes packet - it'll break, you'll run out of refills... Are you trying to destroy the planet and reduce the birth rate by convincing people that babies are so complicated and expensive you could never have more than one?

@kd_1p48 I already have something that does this without batteries. The Oxo Tot wipes dispenser - you press a button to open the lid, and there’s a weighted piece with a hole in it so you can pull out one wipe and the other wipes are weighed down and don’t come with it. I don’t think there’s a need for a product like this.

@kd_1p48 You get the same effect by putting a hair bobble (elastic) around the pack. So definitely don’t need a gadget.

What I do want is delightful pretty wet wipe boxes designed for cloth wipes.

Back