Probably a silly question (birdseye/pockets)

osexozu

Hey y'all, I have what's probably a silly question about birdseye cloths and pocket covers.

My mom bought us a pack of birdseye cloth diapers from Gerber and I registered for an extra two packs, plus she gave me her stash she used as burp cloths. So I now have an overabundance of these and no covers for them. I have pocket covers though and I'm about to buy some more because I realized 9 probably isn't enough lol. I have inserts for the pocket covers I bought but I haven't bought extras of them yet since I have all these birdseye cloths.

Can I use the gerber birdseye with the pocket covers? Would it be better to "stuff" those or pin them like normal?

My mom has 0 clue because she was doing cloth diapers back in the 80s, we figure you can fold and stuff but when I try to Google it I don't think I do key words well enough.

@osexozu You can absolutely stuff pocket diapers with just about any cloth, including these. The downside is just that you’re going to have to wash the cloth and the pocket diaper for every change. If you got some actual covers, you could wipe them down in between uses as long as it’s just urine. Does that make sense?

Along the same lines, you could use the pocket diapers as covers but would likely still need to wash them every time. And most pockets have a comfy stay dry lining, so this option also doesn’t let you benefit from that - but it means no stuffing the pockets, which some people loathe.

@ams59 Thank you! I saw the fleece and wool covers and might have my mom follow a pattern to make a couple of those, and pick up a couple just old school style covers then. I'm glad to see it can work both ways though, even with having to do extra washing in the end!