Plan B heavier flow 6 days later - withdrawal bleed/early period?

pcalmjesus

I posted this on r/birthcontrol a little while back, but I decided to try here as well.

A little backstory. My menstrual cycle is typically 30+ days long, never shorter. I also took birth control for 3 years before quitting it 3-4 months ago. Got my period every month since quitting, with the exception of October when it came 3 weeks late.

I had sex with my SO 4 weeks ago, on the 12th day of my cycle. Had protected sex the first time, then proceeded to do the deed a second time right after and in the heat of the moment I didn't realize there was no condom on, because he was only just trying to put it on and I apparently hurried. He didn't finish inside, but me having had a unpleasant turn of events a few years ago, I knew that because he came one time prior to the incident, it was risky to just brush it off. So I took Plan B 7-8 hours after.
Fast forward 6 days, I start bleeding lightly. That light bleed shortly turned into what seemed to be a period (tiny clots, definitely too heavy to be spotting, but still a bit lighter than a regular period) and it lasted me 4 days. I've been fine since, with the exception of some mild pressure in my pelvic area, lower back pain and fatigue for a few days (which might've also been due to the fact that I'm overworked and generally tired).

My dilemma is the following. According to my period tracker (which still has the default 28 day cycle setting), I was in my fertile window when I had sex, 2-3 days ahead of ovulation. But me having a naturally longer cycle, my ovulation should've happened later than that. Assuming I was indeed 2-3 days away from ovulating, is it likely that Plan B was effective? And with me taking it only 7-8 hours after intercourse?
And in regards to the 4 day moderate flow bleed I experienced, would that count as a withdrawal bleed/period and be a sign that I'm not pregnant?

I know a test would be reliable by now and I will eventually take one, but I just need a little reassurance for the time being.

Back