PDL CA-hypoglycemia

peacecar

Taking PDL for hypoglycemia

I’m 34.5 weeks and asked my Dr. to please approve me for PDL in CA early.

I’m having a lot of trouble managing my blood sugar and have been feeling really hypoglycemic.

My last appointment I ate a famous star 3 hours prior to my appointment, a crumbl cookie, and had a sugary iced coffee throughout the 3 hours.

My blood sugar was 68.

I’ve been noticing the shakiness, the tiredness, the irritability, and anxiety as my symptoms.

Well today I had them recheck again and I had ate a breakfast sandwich after 11AM, and ate a tray of bagel bites at 12pm. I also had a sugary iced coffee between 12pm and 3pm. Went to my appointment at 315pm and my blood sugar was 59.

I’m a nurse and work 12.5-13 hour shifts. On top of that I have a one hour commute to work, and an hour back. I have two lunch breaks during my shift and often don’t have the opportunity to take my break until 1AM (shift starts at 7pm). I try to eat before work (doesn’t always happen) and try to take my break at 11pm if time permits (depends on my assignment). I eat both breaks. And sometimes will sneak off and go grab a snack from my lunch bag in between and warm up a breakfast sandwich or eat a breakfast burrito after my shift.

Despite me eating. I still feel hypoglycemic at times.

And checking my blood sugar at the Drs kinda confirms to me that I’m just not maintaining what is necessary.

Is this a stupid reason to go on leave?

My Dr. just kinda seems like it’s not a good enough reason but he said sure…and the paperwork seems complicated, my HR department sucks, and I don’t even know where to begin.

But I just cry thinking about going to work the next few days. I have 5 shifts left. In which my last few shifts I’m on for 2, off for 1, and on for 2 again. And I just imagine how I’m going to feel and I’m dreadddddding it.

Do you think I’d get approved? I work tomorrow night. Have two days off, and then have the 2 on, 1 off, 2 on…and then I’m done.

Should I submit the paperwork? Do you think it would get approved on the state disability side or should I just stick out?

Back