Pack n Play for Sleep Recommendations?

teecake

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for a pack n play which can be used for overnight sleep. My baby is 4 months old and is a roller. I want something that can be used till atleast 9 months as I am traveling internationally for 4 months. So my requirements are something that is not too heavy and can be used for overnight sleep?

Please pour in some recommendations! I am in Canada.

@teecake We really like the baby bjorn travel crib.

It’s very light and the mattress is on the ground so no uncomfortable bars or weight limits (issue with larger babies). We used ours until 16mo.

I think the guava lotus is a similar style.

@teecake All pack and play/travel crib mattresses are thin but both kids have found it comfortable.

We’ve used it as a travel crib and as the dedicated sleep space for newborn days. I don’t think it’s challenging to bend down either younger babies. Doing it with our toddler was a bit tough.

Other pros for baby bjorn:

It’s easy to wash - mesh sides unzip

Mattress comes with crib sheets that are also easy to get on/off for washing

Setup/take down is very quick - longest part is getting it back into the travel bag. If you’re space limited, we’ve also fit diapers/clothes inside the travel crib folded up in the bag.

@teecake All graco pnps are safe for overnight sleep and my 2 year old still hasn’t hit the milestones yet. For a baby that age the my view 4 in 1 (used to be the travel lite) would be just fine, though if you don’t mind buying one secondhand the travel lite had a better leveling system.

Other brands have fancy features but graco is always super up to date on safety stuff and they’re a nice middle of the road price for something you can get a Ton of use out of.

@teecake We have the Uppababy Remi and love it. The mattress seems comfortable (I haven't tried it lol) and it folds up really easily. The mattress is mesh so very breathable and can be unzipped and washed. It also has the zip door in the side and fits through our standard doors so I can move it around the house (it has wheels) without folding it up.

@iamcliff I also liked it. Does your baby sleep on the top part or the lower portion? It says the top bassinet can be used till 20 lbs but it seemed small to me so wasn’t sure.

@teecake For ease of setup? Nuna Sena aire. For budget, my parents have the Graco pack n play. My daughter loves it. Not as sturdy as the Nuna but on the plus side I can rock her a bit in it.

@teecake Yes we have the bassinet mattress that goes with it. She liked it so much better than the halo bassinet so we just ended up using the Nuna as her everyday bassinet

Back