Organic cotton rugs that aren’t plain white?

javierdrica

I am looking for an organic cotton rug for my son’s playroom and I’ve been looking at the options on Hook & Loom’s website, but I am not thrilled about the idea of buying a white rug that could easily get stained, and I would love some color!

I like H&L because they dont spray any fire retardants or use any chemicals that offgas which is really important to me.

Does anything else like this exist out there? I am finding a lot of pretty cotton rugs online, but they don’t state anything about fire retardants or what kind of glue/backing/dyes they use and if they are nontoxic.

Thanks for the help!

@javierdrica It’s not organic, but we have cotton rugs from IKEA! You can search the sub for more on IKEA and their standards but we’ve been very happy with them. There’s no backing attached so you can get a separate one if you want and they’re easily washed too.

@javierdrica Not organic cotton but we have the Springfield eco cotton braided rug from H&L in our kids room and we love it. LL Bean has wool rugs that are colorful and very high quality. They are an investment but they will literally last a lifetime. We have a huge one in our living room and it's at least 30 years old (a hand me down from my in laws) and it looks and feels pretty much brand new.

Back