Onset of clogged ducts at 10-11 weeks

amerikrainian

Breastfeeding had been going pretty well up until this point. I had been breastfeeding throughout the day, and pumping 1x before going to bed and getting quite a bit from that pump (~6 oz from the R boob, and any where from 2-4 from the L). Last week, I think there was a day my daughter had a bad latch, and since then I’ve been dealing w clogged ducts and a significant decrease compared to my usual.

The clogged ducts were at first only on the R side. I was misinformed and began massaging very deeply and pumping more to empty , but now know I should be doing light lymphatic massage and taking Advil/icing. The R side finally feels like it’s getting better, but now suddenly I have so much pain and hardness on the L side.

HELP. I was so grateful to be having a fairly easy go with breastfeeding, I’m not sure what happened. Is this going to be an endless cycle now of back and forth clogged ducts on the R and L sides?

@amerikrainian Have you taken sun flower lethicin and have you have you latched in the direction with you chin? Those cleared the clogs for me… I think it’s just bad luck right now.

Back