On songs we want to sing to our future babes.

paleouss

I meant to post a comment on
this thread the other day, but I was having a hard time thinking of a song.

My mom texted me this morning to wish a Happy Valentine's Day to her "first true Valentine." I had a flashback to when I was a kid and she sang "G'night My Angel (Lullaby)" by Billy Joel to me, and explained its significance to her to me.
I recorded it for her on the Smule karaoke app, and I've decided that I'm no doubt going to sing it to my babies. 💜

http://www.smule.com/p/158634534_278858895

Enjoy, maybe! 😅
Happy Valentine's Day!

@paleouss I love that song!

A couple weeks ago, my husband and I were laying in bed and being silly (a nighttime ritual for us) and I started singing the words "go to sleep" over and over all silly-like to the tune of "lullaby and goodnight," or Brahm's Lullaby. It worked. He fell fast asleep. I think I'm gonna try that on my babies.

@paleouss I grew up listening to this album on tape. Bought it on iTunes a few years ago and still listen to it every once and awhile if I'm having a hard time falling asleep. I know just about every word to every song in the whole album by heart, so I definitely plan on singing it to our babies. Sometimes my husband will ask me to sing some of the songs to him. It's admittedly pretty cute. :)

Back