OH. EM. GEE. The Lark carrier is LOVE. ❤️

angel50

First off, I'm not a natural at baby wearing. Like u know those moms who make it look so easy? Yeah, not me lol. Needed something super easy to put on my own, comfortable & lightweight. Wrap carriers aren't for me so was looking for a SSC. Didn't do much research while I was pregnant & just bought an Ergobaby, but so hard to wear on my own & bulky!

Starting looking into other SSCs... Loved how lightweight Happy Baby carriers looked, but knew I wanted X (vs H) back straps. Then started looking into Artipoppe (expensive I know, but money wasn't an issue for us) & Wildbird. They both looked bulkier than what I wanted like u probably couldn't scrunch them up easily & toss them in a diaper bag like a Happy Baby. I also read that the Wildbird straps can ride up into ur neck.

Then, I came across Hope&Plum's Lark. Seemed like the perfect hybrid between a Happy Baby & an Artipoppe/Wildbird so I ordered one couple weeks ago & ommmggg life-changing!!! Sooo easy to use (even for me), comfortable & so lightweight like u can literally easily scrunch it up! Even the width of the seat is like an accordion of fabric that u just scrunch to fit ur baby so no buttons or buckles to adjust the seat width. Wish I bought just this from the start!

Hopefully, this was helpful for someone out there. Now, I'm gonna start learning how to breastfeed in this thing. If I can easily master that, I'll yell out my love for this carrier from the rooftop. Jks lol.

@angel50 I'm so glad I came across this. I've been weighing grabbing a hope&plum Lark carrier for my baby on the way versus grabbing a Wildbird Aerial. I bought a Tula carrier during a Black Friday sale and I've had a really hard time putting it on to practice (I find the straps to be really bulky). I may order the Lark while I have a coupon.

@lilychristian16 Yeah the deciding factors for me was that I read from other ppl that altho the Wildbird Aerial is a dupe for Artipoppe, it's not an exact dupe cuz the straps are bulkier, more stiff & have a tendency to slide up into ur neck. The Lark barely has any padding in the straps, but the straps are wide cuz they use the weight distribution concept like wrap carriers instead of relying on padding (I like that concept).

Also for the Wildbird, the seat width is adjusted by buttons or something like that so there are only certain number of sizes for the seat width. Since my partner & I are vertically challenged lol, my LO has short legs so I wanted something with more size options in the seat width like the Lark.

All in all, there were way more pros for the Lark for me! One major pro for the Wildbird tho is that the Aerial is sooo pretty like it's definitely an aesthetically pleasing carrier. Not that the Lark is not pretty or anything, just style-wise, the Aerial fits my fashion taste more but the Lark won in every other category for me! :)

Edit: Lastly, Wildbird is made in the Philippines whereas the Lark is handmade locally in the US by women-run businesses! That was important for me too!

@angel50 I got the Lark after someone in an Artipoppe FB group posted that if she could only have one carrier, she’d pick that! And also after I posted my own fit check inquiry with an Artipoppe here 🤪

💯 agree with you that the Lark is absolutely a game changer. I felt overwhelmed & thought baby wearing was really challenging / not intuitive BUT the Lark is THAT easy to use, it’s insane!

Back