no period 6m pp

tonychanyt

Hi ! I'm currently 6 months postpartum and breastfeed exclusively for 4.5 months! I havent had a period yet. I've always been irregular so idk if its that, weaning hormone changes or something else. I took a plan b January 2 and got what I think was a period 10 days later for a week. I've had nothing of a period ever since. Kinda scared plan b didn't work but yet I took it an hour later.

Has anyone experienced no periods postpartum regardless of weaning?

@tonychanyt The only way to know if the plan b didn't work is for you to take a pregnancy test. Go to any dollar store and pick up a couple. At this time frame any one will pick up a pregnancy.

It's normal to not get your period back and regular until after you've fully stopped producing milk, so even if you've stopped breastfeeding, if you're lactating that can affect it.

If you're used to irregular periods, then don't be surprised if they're not magically regular now. An induced period on Jan 12 would also screw with any hormone regulation going on.

Take a deep breath, and use some kind of contraceptive until you are ready to get pregnant again.

@tonychanyt I didn’t get my period back until about 12 months, I’ve had friends get theirs at 3, all our babies were EBF, so it’s just our bodies and how they differ. I have one friend who had super irregular periods while nursing too.

@tonychanyt Give it another 2 months and then have your OB do labs to check your prolactin level. If your prolactin is too high it can stop your period. Hopefully your body is just slowly normalizing your hormones after weaning