Negative Blood Test Positive FRER And Digital

christopherb

Has anyone experienced this before or can someone please give any advice? Please read until the end as it’s a long story. Pictures are included.

I had multiple positive FRER’s on March 10th and on March 14th I tested again where the line was barley there, but FRER digital read YES ( pictures included ) so I went in for a quantitative blood test the same day and it showed 0.

I assumed I was having another chemical pregnancy as as my lines were still a faint line and blood test showed 0, so I stopped taking my progesterone and experienced my ‘period’ 24 hours later for the next 6 days.

I took another FRER test 2 days after I fully stopped bleeding and spotting and I’m still getting the same faint pink line.

My last ‘period’ before this ‘period’ in March was on February 5th, but I had a positive ovulation test on February 24th. I say ‘period’ because once again im not sure if I was experiencing another chemical pregnancy when my ‘period’ started on February 5th, as I experienced faint PINK lines even after once again having a 0 blood test. ( pictures included ) So I stopped my progesterone and bleed 24 hours later on February 5th. I did not think to retest after February 5th and the next test I took was on March 14th as I assumed I was in my new TWW from my positive OPK on February 24th.

Has anyone had this happen before? I know there are other serious causes that can cause a positive pregnancy test but I’m trying to be hopeful it’s nothing like that, my family does have a history of ovarian cancer. I have a doctors appointment scheduled for tomorrow and nervous what to ask my doctor so she doesn’t think I’m crazy.

@christopherb It’s really really hard to say what’s going on but a few considerations would be you got a really bad batch of tests which would be super unlucky and horrible or that by the time you went for the blood test your levels had a very steep drop. It sounds like a likely chemical but definitely an odd situation. A blood test is the most accurate way of reading hcg. While yes other things like a tumour can cause hcg to be in your system, yours was negative so it wouldn’t be from that either just to ease your concerns there.

Back