My low betas didn’t double.. I think I’m out :(

cameronstar

I created this thread earlier this week about my first low beta that only showed 65 at 15 DPO. My Dr didn’t seem to be concerned and my progesterone was around 32.

Well I went back 48 hours later (17 DPO) and I just got the call that second beta has come back at 94 and progesterone at 26. The doctor didn’t want to rule anything out until Monday when I do another test but from what I can see these numbers are way too low :( and they have only increased around 44%..

I guess somehow I knew it wasn’t going to be this easy and I just wanted to come here and write this. Even thought the Dr and Nurse said it’s going the right way but just not doubling I feel like it’s probably not going to happen.

Also I thought it was strange but Dr apparently said we shouldn’t measure progesterone anymore.

This is my first so I’m glad we can conceive but
I hope it can happen again and that I don’t have bad eggs..

@cameronstar I am sorry you are experiencing this, I have been there. It just happened to me last week. My 48 hr beta rose only 53% and my doctor was not concerned and said it was normal for that gestational age but I just knew in my it wasn't high enough and my FRER lines were nor darkening. 48 hours after that it had dropped 40% and was over. I do think your 3rd beta will be definitive one way or another and I am so hopeful you get positive news but regardless of what happens please know the outcome is not your fault and you couldn't have changed it. My non-medical understanding is that progesterone is released in pulses so the level can and will vary but good news is that both your readings are great for sustaining pregnancy so you can likely rule out low progesterone as a cause/effect.

The waiting is hard, the knowing is also hard, the anxiety is hard and it just all feels shitty. hugs.

PS: We tried for around a year before we had our first positive test, that was also a CP but it only took two cycles to conceive again and this one did progress a little further so I am counting that as a very small silver lining.

@7max0 Thank you for writing this. I truly appreciate it. I’m so sorry for both of us. I can’t describe what I’m feeling other than a weird empty feeling. I think I expected this to not be so good when the first reading back at 65 but still held out hope. The worst part is the limbo of not knowing what will happen now or if this is going to affect my already wonky hormones (PCOS). If it’s going to happen I rather it just happen as quickly as possible to not drag things out or make it worse. Can I ask you how long it took for the bleeding to start?

I guess silver lining is that I know now I can conceive which was something I was constantly worried about before.

Sending hugs to you. I really appreciate your message ♥️ if you want to chat to someone the upcoming days just drop me a message.

@cameronstar It is a weird empty feeling. I think it is also so abstract in the beginning and there is a physical/mental/emotional component as well as disconnect between the three. Like mentally I knew what as going to happen, but physically I was still feeling early pregnancy symptoms even as hCG was dropping and bleeding had started and emotionally just totally bottomed out and numb. The ups and downs are exhausting.

I tested clearly positive at 11dpo, at 12dpo my hCG was 26.9(I was very happy with this), 14dpo was 41.4(deep seated anxiety set it in and I knew it wasn't right) and then at 16dpo it was 28. I started bleeding at 20dpo. Mostly a normal period, a little heavier/more clots.

My numbers were lower than yours so I truly do hope this turns around for you still somehow!! My DMs are open as well, regardless of which direction this takes you.

@cameronstar I just went through this a few weeks ago😔 my first beta was 437 at 13dpo and progesterone was at 15 then 48 hrs it dropped to 137 but progesterone increased to 18. I had some spotting the next day and went to the ER. They did a blood draw and my level had rose to 237. Had another beta with my doctor’s office 4 days later and it rose to 1561 and 48hrs later it almost doubled-2861. OB ordered an ultrasound to rule out ectopic and there was a gestational and yolk sac in my uterus. He wanted one more beta bc at this point my progesterone had dropped really low with the last two betas and was at 11 which should’ve been my indicator right there but I still held out hope. My OB offered progesterone supplements but warned me that if this isn’t a viable pregnancy the supplements can delay/mask the miscarriage so I declined. We had another beta and progesterone check 6 days later and it wasn’t good at all. HCG nowhere near doubled and progesterone had dropped to 7. We had an ultrasound a few days later and there was an embryo but no heartbeat. My OB said I was still in the grey area bc there was growth from the last ultrasound but my progesterone had been consistently dropping which usually wasn’t a good indicator of a viable pregnancy. He wasn’t really concerned about the hCG at this point bc he said it was high enough for us to see growth on the ultrasound which was more important. I went ahead and got the progesterone supplements since there was growth and there seemed to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately I started spotting the SAME day I took the first supplement and the next day I was bleeding and cramping badly. I had a light to moderate flow the next two days and I went to the ER again where I miscarried… this was my 4th pregnancy..3rd miscarriage but it was by far the worst experience. I completely relate to the ups and downs and wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. I really hope you find some peace in this process/experience and I hope you have a great support team to get you through whatever the outcome may be. ❤️

@thecrab I’m so sorry to hear what you went through. Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately I am having a chemical confirmed now. I think reading about people’s experiences here has helped a lot.

@cameronstar Aww I’m so sorry :( I had 2 losses before my son and 1 loss before this baby and it totally rips at my heart to see other moms go through the pain. I hope you heal quickly and have a beautiful, healthy rainbow.

@cameronstar I’m so sorry.

Currently going through HCG hell too. Sat waiting to see the Dr amongst happily pregnant women with their partners, I can hear the heartbeat of ultrasounds, it’s heartbreaking and soul destroying. You have no idea what’s going on, hanging on to threads of whatever hope you have left. It’s just hell and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

What will be will be and may you make peace with whatever you have been through - just as I will try to do. Sending love and light your way, please take care of yourself. X

I’m so sorry to hear you are going through this as well. I am now having a confirmed chemical and waiting to start bleeding. Sending hugs and lights to you. We both will get there.

Back