My First Day in Drug Rehab

anthompson87

My first day of drug rehab at the psychiatric orphanage in 1993 was a moonlit path to a health immunity that covered me well into college and beyond. Encountering a psych tech resembling a Hooters waitress like her first time on a wedding night bestowing BENEFEDS federal witness relocation program permitting bigamy and marriage to adolescents kept me in a shelter sanctuary drawing bulemic male jokes from my family that a waitress had cleared the table and picked up the tab for a round of drinks and was considered the inspiration for the “Elian” saga where a young Cuban marielito provoked riots in the Cuban community for being returned to his surviving father as depicted artistically by dolphin cheerleaders encircling Elian in the waters between the keys and Cuba. I did not have to lift a finger in menial servitude for the rest of my life and was proctored into goading my family into orphanage in exchange for my mother’s claim as my legal guardian in a hotly contested drug interdiction case that would have sank our entire family. Even now this “ghost” orchid garden is spooked by lookalike cases seeking the patronage of economic immunity replete with complete documentation and pointed underage rudeness pursuing asylum from Philadelphia, a phenomenon I have termed “Rudies”.

Back