My daughter and her cousins have naked party time. They’re 9, 6 and 5. Help?

oriel

At my sister place for Thanksgiving this weekend, and waked in on my daughter completely naked(5,f) . The eldest (9f) said she wasn’t naked, which later turned out to be a lie. The 6year old other sister has been naked too. They apparently dance naked together, and that is it. This is the second time it has happened in the last two visits.

Should I be concerned and if so, what can I do to help the situation? Concerned single Dad.

@oriel From what you've described, this doesn't sound like abnormal behavior. Children, especially at that age, are curious about their own bodies and those of others. They will ask inappropriate questions and do questionable things.

Here is a short summary of what to expect during early childhood development.

I don't recommend that you shame or punish the children for being naturally curious. You could have a talk about norms and expectations and relate that to what they did. Also, talk about safety and privacy and how to recognize/get help if they're being abused by someone.

There are many books and online resources that help with this conversation and the conversation about their bodies.