Membrane sweep

gregford

My situation:
38 weeks gestation. Baby #4. Always have ITP (low platelets) during pregnancy. Platelets are what keeps blood healthy and thick, being low means higher risk of bleeding more as well as not being allowed an epidural . Have to take a 6 day steroid pack around 38-39 wks. Induced with first kid (will never opt for Induction again) because of it. Second kiddo, they weren't too low, natural labor, and was allowed epidural. 3rd, induced 5 days early only due to being sick with c diff. Trying to experience a "going into labor on my own" at least 1 more time! Midwife said today I am about 1 cm( not surprised) so she would sweep membranes at 39 weeks. I did have this done with my second kid, but it was 2 days before her due date and she came on her own. Anyone had this at 39 weeks or sooner? Did it Work? Im Nervous because I want it to work, so my platelets are at a good level. If I go till 40 or longer, they could drop again...

@gregford I’m 37 weeks 4 days and had mine swept yesterday afternoon. I was already dilated to 3. So far I’ve lost bits of mucus plug and have had stronger contractions but nothing consistent so far. Oh and increased pelvic girdle pain but so far still no baby. It supposedly works within 48 hours but only if your ready to go into labor and usually works better with not first time pregnancies. 🤷‍♀️ we’ll see

Back