M I L K ?

xxxcbsxxx

My son has just switched over to regular milk from formula as he turned 1 recently. But I have no idea on the temperature of milk. Since I couldn't go to the Dr with him due to work and my wife says it's the same rules as formula I still want clarification.

Can it be room temperature?

How long can It be out the fridge and in the bottle?

How do you store milk in case of long trips?

@xxxcbsxxx Whatever temperature he will drink it at. We just gave them milk from the fridge. I wouldn’t leave it out to warm. If it needs to be warm, use warm water for a few minutes and always test. We never took milk on trips. We would usually eat out and could get milk at the restaurant. They make shelf stable milk if you need to take some with you.

@xxxcbsxxx My son has been on regular milk for a month now & we just do it straight from the fridge & what he doesn't drink goes into the fridge for later. You can warm it if that's what your child prefers, but test it on your wrist first.

@xxxcbsxxx It needs to be consumed as soon as possible, and if the baby doesn't finish it the 2nd time, you should toss it.

I highly recommend organic milk... there is a lot of stuff, and less nutrition in most conventional milks.

@xxxcbsxxx We just give it to her straight out of the fridge. At most I leave it with her for an hour or so if she doesn't drink it all with her meal. If we have to go anywhere it's in an insulated lunchbox with an ice pack to keep it cold.

Back