Low HCG 17 dpo - 707 IU/L

csf

The nurse called and told me my hcg is low, it’s only 707 IU/L and she said it should be over 1000 at 4 weeks. Really really nervous. Anyone been though this?

@cmath02 I got 2112 today at 19 dpo. I guess that now puts me in the 4 week range she gave me. Regardless, it’s definitely doubling so I’m feeling much more assured! Still fuming at the hospital and their absurd range. Assuming it is a mistake, this must scare so many people.

@cmath02 I confirmed the exact hcg test the lab used, and I’ve also confirmed what the actual expected values should have been. They are as follows:

4 weeks:9.5-750 IU/L
5 weeks:217-7,138 IU/L

Source: https://labogids.sintmaria.be/sites/default/files/files/hcg-beta_2018-08_v18.pdf

I have yet to get the hospital to admit it was wrong about the values they gave me. But I’ve cut my ties and told them they were wrong. I can only hope they’ll correct it moving forward so no one else has to deal with this!

What a terribly stressful start to a pregnancy!

@csf Do NOT be devastated by this number -- 707 is very good!! I don't know what whack charts they are using, but the median for 17dpo is like...450. And yours was 707!!

14dpo = 4 weeks...and the lowest you'd want to see that day is ~50. And then with doubling time you'd want to see 140 at the lowest on 17dpo......people with 140ish at 17do have had successful pregnancies. and yours is 707!! Your nurse needs some education.

@cmath02 I even spoke to another nurse and she said the same thing! She said the range for 3-4 weeks starts at 500. And told me not to use “dr. Google”. It’s a very very reputable hospital?

@cmath02 I even spoke to another nurse and she said the same thing! She said the range for 3-4 weeks starts at 500. And told me not to use “dr. Google”. It’s a very very reputable hospital?

@csf I am legit confused what they are thinking...did they tell it to you in the wrong unit type?

Most HCG charts show mIU/mL...and 707 iu/L IS 707 mIU/mL. So unless they MEANT some other unit, then 707 is beautiful.

@csf those look MUCH more like "fetal age" numbers, not gestational age numbers.

There are THOUSANDS of articles and studies that will show you 707 is beutiful for 17dpo. So, trust those. And goodness...fire your nurses?

@csf Trust me they are wrong or confused. I had 4 losses so I've researched alot about hcg. Pregnancies with hcg of 199 or more at 16dpo had a 96 percent chance of success. 707 is great for 17dpo

@pharmgirl
Trust me they are wrong or confused. I had 4 losses so I've researched alot about hcg. Pregnancies with hcg of 199 or more at 16dpo had a 96 percent chance of success. 707 is great for 17dpo

i would looooove if you could share your source for this. very encouraging.