Lillebaby 4 in 1 vs 6 in 1

noxolo

I tried my friend's Lillebaby 6 in 1 with my 10 week old and she loved it, fell right asleep, and it was so comfortable for me. I'm looking at purchasing one, but I'm confused on what the difference is between the 6 in 1 and the 4 in 1. Why can you not do an infant position with the 4 in 1, when it looks very similar to the toddler position? I have not seen a 4 in 1 in person, just looking at Amazon pictures. For budget reasons I'd like the 4 in 1 if it is not much different. Has anybody used both and could tell me what the difference is? Which would you recommend? Thanks!

Edit: thanks everyone, I bought the complete airflow from the lillebaby last chance sales. Can't wait to get it!

@noxolo I don't have a 4 in 1 (I have the 6 in 1 Airflow) but I do believe you can infant carry, you just have to buy the separate infant insert in order to do so. I would think that would only be up to a certain weight, then it would be fine to remove and use regularly. On the lillebaby website they have "last chance" sales on a lot of different designs for each of their carriers. I ended up getting a 6 in 1 airflow for $85, and it is a cute design. They have some pretty out there colors in the last chance sale sometimes, but I found one I liked and hopped on it.

@noxolo Yeah! I was so glad I wandered over to their site one day instead of Amazon! The Airflow is all mesh around the back, so it's really great for warm weather. The all seasons has a regular back, but unzips to leave it mesh for warmer weather. I asked on r/babywearing about the differences and preferences and they all advised me to get the Airflow. You can always wear a jacket and zip it up around the Airflow in the winter. It's no like super breezy anyways, but it def helps in the summer. I was using a boba before, and we were both just too hot in the summer. I love the Airflow. It is super comfy, and we are definitely cooler. We still sweat on each other, but that's gonna happen in the heat!

@wuodnyawasi Here's a sneak peek of /r/babywearing using the top posts of the year!

#1: Thought y'all might enjoy my babywearing costume....sloth baby and mama tree!

#2: "Dangerous" Toddler babywearing

#3: Babywearing Achievement Unlocked

[sup][sup]I'm[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]a[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]bot,[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]beep[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]boop[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Downvote[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]remove[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Contact[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]me[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Info[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Opt-out[/sup][/sup]

@wuodnyawasi Thanks! It also looks like the all seasons needs an infant insert. I'm starting to learn their lingo... essentials vs complete, etc. I'm leaning towards getting the airflow because she tends to be a very warm baby. Thanks for your recommendation!

edit: Looks like they do make a complete all seasons, just not available as "last chance"

@noxolo No problem! Glad you could find the last chance deals too! Makes a big difference in price! The air flow is really a great carrier! I am so glad I got it! Took me a min to get everything adjusted (more adjustable straps than the boba) but once I did it has been like I'm barely carrying anything when I wear her and she's 21lbs. Definitely better too if your lo runs warm!

@noxolo Go the airflow (hands down.) I've worn myLO in the airflow in a Boston winter. Totally fine, not cold. But I've also worn him in California summer. Can't recommend airflow enough.

And yeah, you don't want a carrier that requires an insert. Too big a pain and makes them really warm.

@noxolo The difference between the 4 in 1 and the "complete" is that baby can face out in the 6 in 1. I thought I would really like that feature, but it turns out that my kid is big and heavy and facing him toward me is way more comfortable for both of us. Regardless, I love my lillebaby and totally recommend it!

@noxolo The 4 in one might not have the back support piece like the 6 in one does. There is a good Facebook group for lillebaby fans so you can ask for fit checks lillebaby love is the name.

And yes like the other poster said the sale site is awesome on their website wish I found it before buying mine!

Back