Late Period after J&J vaccine

mandaforjesus

I just quilt hormonal BC in January and have only had 1 period since bc of my body adjusting. Got the shot 3/15 and was expecting my period 10 days ago... anyone else experiencing a missed period or just late ?

@mandaforjesus Interesting.

Gynecologists have recommended seeing your provider as it can be a reaction from what I’ve googled because this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this question pop up on Reddit which lead me down that rabbit hole.

I am scheduled for my vaccine on Friday but unsure which one I will be receiving, as CDC haulted injections J&J this AM.

That’s one thing I am concerned about is missing a period and going through unnecessary stress.

Good luck!

@nzubechi They halted the vaccine due to blood clots. 1 out of a million may have had blood clots due to vaccine. Unfortunately, this is likely coincidence as blood clots are way more common than people realize. For women in the age group mentioned the risk naturally is 2-5 per 10,000 women. Additionally, the women didn’t have it happen immediately, instead it was weeks or months later.

Concerning OP the more likely issue is she stopped hormonal birth control in January. It can take 12 months to adjust back to your ‘natural cycle’ took me 8 months.

@iessuman
For women in the age group mentioned the risk naturally is 2-5 per 10,000 women.

THIS. Blood clots are waaaaaaaay more common than people think. Yeah they sound bad but people deal with them all the time. Yes it's scary but even just taking hormonal BC raises your risk of blood clots so I wouldn't worry about a 1 in 1 million risk. We should be happy that our government is taking the POTENTIAL risk seriously but likely they will find that there is a minimal connection, if any at all.

@mandaforjesus Agree that your abnormal cycle this month is more likely related to stopping BC rather than the vaccine - but there is building consensus among women that the vaccine month is a wonky month for their cycles. I found this article interesting.

@mandaforjesus Posted about this a few other places - but yes, I’ve missed my period entirely. Was starting my period on the day of the shot and that period came and went as normal. But next period is now 5 days late. Never happens to me.

Back