Jogging stroller: BOB, BabyJogger or Thule?

abctradelinks

We got a tandem stroller before the twins were born and it is a huge pain!

Looking to upgrade to a double jogging stroller now that they are 6+ months and about 20lbs each… and trying to decide between the Thule Urban Glide 2, BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie and the BabyJogger x3 summit.

We do not jog or run but live in a city with bad sidewalks (or no sidewalks!) and go to parks/unpaved trails often.

Looking for folding ease to put in SUV trunk or shed ideally without removing parts.

Hoping to buy one that fits through standard doorways.

Must have great sun protection.

Bonus if it can grow with then for a bunch of years (looks like they’ll be tall).

Which one do you have and would you recommend it based on these needs? I’m so lost trying to decide .. and it’s a lot of money to spend. all advice very welcome.

@abctradelinks We have the Thule. Twins are 15 months. Have been using 1-2x a day since 3 months. Had to replace tire tube twice (easy)…think I ran over a cactus. It’s heavy so we do not take it to doctors offices (have Zoe twin for that). It fits in our Sante Fe with a little maneuvering. We love it. Haven’t tried out other jogging strollers. It works so well on bumpy terrain.

@abctradelinks We don’t have to take a wheel off, it’s a tight fit though. I haven’t tried out other jogging strollers. We live in Texas so I love the sunshade. I haven’t found a place to put little fans for them. There’s also only one cup holder (this was an add on). Customer service was great when the sunshade ripped, replaced free of charge.

@sharojit I’ve been putting my Thule double stroller in a tight fitted closet for a few years, only just realized how much more easy it was to simply remove wheels when storing

@sharojit This is exactly what we do, I have my Thule for jogging 3x a week and Zoe for everywhere else. My twins are just about 11 months and we so far have only needed to tighten the fender on the front wheel once. We have a "farm stroller" which is a double bob and I really just don't care for it as much as my Thule so we don't care if it gets dirty on my sister's farm.

I would go with the Zoe or the Joovy Kooper x2 for everyday life, the other joggers are overkill and would be a bit of a pain imo.

@abctradelinks We have a Bumbleride Indie Twin and love it. Just folds in half, probably like most double joggers. It has amazing sun shades, and you can also take all the fabric off to wash if needed. Fits through doors and has suspension. I think one big difference is that it has 4 wheels rather than 3 which I thought might be better but I have no experience with the Bob or Thule, which are both highly reviewed. I have heard the Bumbleride may not be good for very tall toddlers, which I could see. That will not be a problem for us haha.

Back