Is this weird??

airbornenita42

Love the name Clara, but our last name starts with D. So, she would be Clara D.

All I hear is “clarity” lol — is that weird?? Would that deter you from using the name??

@airbornenita42 You are overthinking it. Some people may hear it but I promise most won't. My birth date is all consecutive numbers. The vast majority of people never even notice - which is sad because it's cool.

It's very unlikely that Clara going to be the next big thing so it would be a unicorn if there was another Clara in her class. It just doesn't have that kind of trending. It's very unlikely that she'll need to be known as Clara D.

And you need a southern accent to really run the two together on a regular basis.

@airbornenita42 I only had one daughter, but if either of my two following pregnancies had been a girl, I was going to name her Clara. My daughter’s name is Ellsie. I love old names! Great choice.
Also, I don’t think you’ll have that issue because she’ll probably be the only Clara in class. So no one will have to address her by Clara D. Now if you were naming her Emma, that would be a different story. Emma’s always have their last initial addressed.

@airbornenita42 There are 2-3 Claras in my 10yo’s grade at school (about 70 students). I don’t think it is terrible at all but I would also be hesitant to use it for this reason because things like that bother me. I doubt it would be an issue for others but I get it.

Back